Anchoring LED bow, stern and amidships lights - Velcro peeling off in the sun! - 2018

The velcro I added is peeling off the solar panel in the sun. 
I had some Guerilla super-type glue from another project that I used on the velcro. First I had to clean the velcro and the solar panel with Acetone and then apply the glue.


April 2018 - Currently in Marina Vallarta, Banderas Bay Mexico (Puerto Vallarta Jalisco)
Now the mistake I made here is purchasing velcro that had glue on it, sticky back. We should have gotten non sticky backed velcro and gone to Home Depot or some other store and gotten good glue and used it on the velcro\solar panel and it would have been easier.
The velcro is now working to keep our lights lenses from getting damaged in the sun and staying put.

No comments:

Post a Comment