Wiring terminal block with C-Pap machine(s) - re-wiring - P 3 - 2018

Here's how the old ResMed C-Pap machine sat in the cabinet.

Fairly nicely. Also the water reservoir was easy enough to get at. It runs on shore power (110 volts) or 12 volts (house batteries) while at anchor. We anchor a lot so that is important and it does not draw a lot. 

In case you missed them:
 I would like the new PhilipsC-Pap from the VA to sit up in the cabinet where my older one was. 
I also would like them to be interchangeable. Meaning, if the new one fails for some reason I can just put the old one back in as a backup and no sleep lost, so to speak 😪
 To get to that point I first need to re-wire the area. 
Each C-Pap machine has it's own proprietary 12v hook up.
Each C-Pap machine has it's own proprietary 110v hook up😩
So I need some way of having both either up there ready to go or one there and the other ready to hook up with no-muss-no-fuss.
This is the 110 volt new Philips C-Pap machine hook 110 volt up.
I need to get a spare 110 plug so I can cut it off and wire it to the terminal block. Then I will have the original in case we go ashore to a hotel etc and I need my C-Pap machine, I can still plug it in..
The new Philips C-Pap machine has the power converter box attached to the 110 volt plug.
The older ResMed C-Pap machine has the power converter box attached to the 12 volt plug.



ResMed C-Pap machine with power supply on the 12 volt side.
Confused? As I am\was and think now after writing this up that I have figured this out!😌
That it is a cabinet space problem for dual hook ups for both 110 and 12 volt on both machines.
This will work out during the installation process for the Blue Sea Systems 4 Circuit 30A Terminal Blocks.
 We also are re-wiring the two Imtra lights and might as well
do the Caframo Bora 12V Marine 3 Speed Fan also. 
The 110 volt wires (+ -and -) are already fused and run to the cabinet.
The 112 volt wires (+ -and -) are already fused and run to the cabinet.
I can add a fuse at the Blue Seas Terminal block for the 110 volt then the terminal block then either of the C-Pap machine.
I will do the same for the 12 volt C-Pap machine hook up. There is not a lot of room in the cabinet so options are limited.
Blue Sea Systems 4 Circuit 30A Terminal Blocks

Blue Sea Systems 4 Circuit 30A Terminal Block

So my idea is to have one of these for the 110 volt with a connector making to hot wire hook ups and two ground hookups. Then I could easily have two sets of 110 volt wires there. The cabinet may not hold two sets of wires as they both have small transformers that go with the 110 volt hook up. But I could easily just screw in the other.
 Ok back to the current project which is wiring up the two Imtra reading lights I re-built and Caframo Bora 12V Marine 3 Speed Fan.
The white wire is the 12 volt wires. The grey is the 110 volt wires (connects to them). They are for the Old ResMed C-Pap machine and will be for the new one also. The 12 volt wire I am using for the Imtra lights and fan come from the other side of the cabinet and are connected to the port 12 volt system that has a breaker at the nav station.
 I cut up these wires and connected them to the new Blue Sea Systems terminal block (to be replaced with a 4 circuit block).
This Blue Sea Systems terminal 2 circuit terminal block we purchased is also fused with a 1 amp fuse. One Imtra reading light is wired up.
 OK the fan and one light are working here off that terminal block. All the wiring has been cleaned up. I did the older wiring but as time goes by some better ideas come along, sometimes.😲 Anyway, now that I am wiring up two different C-Pap machines for both 110 and 12 volt things have to be a bit different.
One Imtra reading lights light working

Both Imtra reading lights and fan are working.

Looking down the cabinet to the port hull.
The black patches are of black silicone filling the holes for the wiring to the Imtra reading lights we re-built. This is just in case water would get into the cabinet. Then the water would not go down the wiring and into the Imtra reading lights and short them out.
Old ResMed C-Pap machine with power supply on the 12 volt side.


I stuffed the wiring back in the cabinet for use with the Old ResMed C-Pap machine while at anchor. This will be until I get the new wiring setup up and running.

This is how I am using our new Philips C-Pap machine for now. At present we are at El Cid Marina Mazatlán so we have shore power (110 volts). I am using two lengths of hose to reach my pillow. This is the foot of the bed where the Philips C-Pap machine sits on the shelf.
Happy breathing 😐

Update:
 We just ordered two of these Blue Sea Systems TerminalBlock 30A - 4 Circuit for the cabinet work.- ordered from Amazon.
Blue Sea Systems 4 Circuit 30A Terminal Block
Product Image
Terminal Block Jumper for 30A Terminal Blocks also ordered form Amazon.
Our friends who are having a medical emergency and needed us to house sit for a couple weeks will bring them down from the US with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment