Cockpit teak grate gets a coat of Teak Wonder - 2018

The teak grate got a wash job with soapy water with a small amount of bleach.

The bleach here is old school bleach, straight bleach. I used a green scrub pad and the teak cockpit grate cleaned up nice.

January 2018  -  Tied up in the El Cid Marina Mazatlán, Mexico

 It dried and then I began applying the Teak Wonder. The Teak Wonder leaves the teak so it is not slippery. It stays natural but gets treated and has some nice color. The cockpit grate along with the three steps into the boat need to not be slippery.
I should really do this more often and every time I do it I say that I will but never do.😦
 This little painter's rubber\plastic tool is a great little tool
to keep the Teak Wonder off the gelcoat.
Before
We use some stronk paper towels for most of our project needs now. I think these are Kleenex Premiere Kitchen Paper Towels and are really hard to tear and can last for multiple uses.


The steps are easy now also. Just a cleaning, sweeping, washing then Teak Wonder.
I just apply the Teak Wonder until I am on the companion way steps and then we can get out by climbing onto the lazerett. The Teak Wonder dries perty fast, or gets absorbed fast.
I used to put on more coats but it starts to yellow when too much is applied. Just one coat but it can be done often.
Almost done.
Done!
Before
Before
After. Now to do this more often, it is not hard to do😎






No comments:

Post a Comment